International Automated Check Gear (ATE) Market, Forecast to 2027
DUBLIN, April 8, 2020 / PRNewswire / – The “Automated Test Equipment Market Analysis Report for Size, Share, and Trends by Product (Non-Storage, Storage, Discrete), by Vertical (Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, IT & Telecommunications), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027 “the offer of ResearchAndMarkets.com has been expanded to include a report.
The global market size for automated test equipment is expected to be reached $ 8.68 billion by 2027 with a CAGR of 3.4% in the forecast period.
The increasing adoption of System on Chip (SoC) combined with the high demand for consumer electronics should drive growth. The growing electronic content in the automotive sector and the proliferation of smartphones are expected to drive the market. In addition, the demand for automated test equipment (ATE) in the manufacturing industry is expected to continue fueling the market as the test equipment saves manufacturing costs and helps eliminate the defective equipment.
Miniaturization has spurred demand in various semiconductor manufacturers. In addition, significant advances in technology, coupled with complexity of design and the need for adequate testing, are expected to positively impact growth. The development of semiconductor manufacturing processes as well as the expansion of wireless networks in developing countries are expected to offer significant growth opportunities for the global market.
The growth of the ATE market is mainly driven by semiconductor manufacturers focused on low cost testing. Semiconductor manufacturers no longer view manufacturing costs as a factor in the profit margin in the manufacture of semiconductor chips. Semiconductor companies are focused on improving their manufacturing technology and looking for efficient test methods to reduce losses due to damage. Advances in smartphones, tablets and SoC-based products are creating a demand for more functionality in ATE. As connected devices get smaller, more powerful, and more diverse, they face design, application, and manufacturing challenges that drive product demand.
The increasing complexity of design, as well as major technological inventions such as advanced Design for Test (DFT) and adaptive testing, are some of the key drivers in the automated test equipment market. Additionally, recent innovations in Internet of Things (IoT) devices, autonomous vehicles, as well as significant changes in defense and aerospace sectors have significantly changed the market dynamics.
Due to the increasing number of microcontroller-based applications and the demand from the automotive sector, the product segment for non-memory-automated test devices is expected to hold a significant market share during the forecast period. Income from the IT and telecommunications sector is expected to grow significantly in the coming years.
The Asia Pacific accounted for the largest market share in 2019 and is likely to see the fastest growth over the forecast period due to the increasing number of semiconductor industries in the region. Key market players include Aemulus Holdings Bhd (Aemulus), Chroma ATE Inc. and Teradyne Inc.
Other key findings from the report suggest:
- The growth of the automated test equipment market is being driven by the significant use of test equipment in the automotive and semiconductor industries
- In the product segment, Non-Memory ATE had the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to show the second fastest growth over the forecast period due to the expansion of consumer electronics, a growing number of microcontroller-based applications and other such factors
- In the vertical segment, IT and telecommunications are likely to continue to hold the largest market share in the coming years due to the increased focus on effective communication
- For the automotive segment, significant growth is expected in the forecast period due to the increasing integration of electronic devices into the automotive industry
- North America It is estimated that there will be significant growth over the forecast period due to the high investments in aerospace and defense with technological innovations
- Key market players include Aemulus Holdings Bhd (Aemulus), Chroma ATE Inc., Aeroflex Inc. (a subsidiary of Cobham plc), Astronics Corporation, Advantest Corporation, LTX-Credence Corporation (Xcerra Corporation), Teradyne Inc., STAr Technologies Inc. . (a subsidiary of Innotech Corporation), Tesec Corporation, Roos Instruments, Inc., Marvin Test Solutions Inc., and Danaher Corporation. Teradyne Inc., LTX-Credence Corporation (Xcerra Corporation), and Advantest Corporation dominated the majority of the global market share
Please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kp768i for more information on this report
Research and Markets also offers custom research services that provide focused, comprehensive, and bespoke research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior manager
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN, call toll-free at 800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE RESEARCH and Markets