Raytheon Applied sciences Books $ 90M Navy Contract to Provide Submarine Antenna Programs – GovCon Wire

0

Raytheon Technologies

Raytheon Technologies (NYSE: RTX) has received a potential $ 90.3 million contract to supply next generation satellite antenna systems for the U.S. Navy submarines.

The contract includes the delivery of 23 high-data rate submarine antennas to support the functions of the submarines for high-capacity communications, the Ministry of Defense said on Thursday.

The SubHDR system includes a mast antenna that handles multiband communications with networks such as the Global Broadcast Service, the Milstar Constellation, and the Defense Satellite Communications System.

At the time of the award, the Naval Information Warfare Systems Command commits the full amount of the fixed price contract to the Navy’s shipbuilding and conversion funds for the 2021 financial year.

26 percent of the work will be in Largo, Florida and the remaining 74 percent in Massachusetts, New Jersey, California and New Hampshire. The contractual services should be completed by January 2024.

Previously, Raytheon received a $ 70 million perpetual supply / perpetual quantity award to manufacture, test, and service SubHDR components for the Navy.

Leave A Reply