SiTune introduces the world’s first 5G infrastructure transceiver options
SAN JOSE, California, February 2, 2021 – SiTune, an innovator of several generations of state-of-the-art RF and mixed signal systems on one chip, today announced two new products for 5G O-RAN infrastructure hardware solutions, including Radio Units (RU) and Distributed Radio Units (dRU) for macro and micro deployments.
These low-cost products, IceWings and SnowWings, are the world’s first multi-standard ultra-broadband RF transceiver solutions specifically designed for the virtualization of the cellular ecosystem and the disaggregation of hardware and software in 5G networks. The quad-channel solutions from IceWings and SnowWings are based on analog and digital HF technology for a variety of applications in public and private networks.
These products are based on a unique, patented, high-speed, ultra-broadband RF / mixed-mode technology used in several generations of SiTune products currently in use.
“Our close collaboration with Tier 1 network equipment vendors and cellular operators will enable a solution that is optimized for performance and hardware flexibility cost,” said Dr. Marzieh Veyseh, CTO of SiTune Corporation. “SiTune’s technology and market positioning provide the perfect opportunity for the company to change the paradigm and enable true large-scale deployment of 5G infrastructure through its extensive family of transceiver solutions.” “The 5G disruption will cause a tectonic shift to restore the entire RAN ecosystem. The unique challenge is to address the tsunami of new end clients who require more spectral channels, more bandwidth processing, but a much lower performance profile. This offers tremendous innovation opportunities in the area of radio frequency circuits, ”said Adil Kidwai, Vice President Product Management at EdgeQ. “As a recognized leader in the programmable 5G RAN space, EdgeQ welcomes innovative approaches that lead to profound disruptions in the 5G infrastructure market. SiTune’s scalable RFIC solution is an example of the invention required for the next generation of corporate and telecommunications base stations. “
Here are the most important highlights of the IceWings and SnowWings solutions from SiTune:
- Lower power consumption: Thanks to extensive innovations in architectural design, a sophisticated design of analog circuits, a high degree of digital integration and a novelty in the processing and calibration of backend signals, these products not only consume less independent electricity, but also accelerate the use of 5G by creating new ones Offer technologies that are perfect for reducing the overall power consumption of the radio unit (RU) or distributed radio unit (dRU)
- Multi-standard interface: Support for a wide variety of wireless standards with a flexible, scalable interface design.
- High performance solutions: Compliant with 5G NR specifications and superior performance in terms of signal quality, noise, linearity and power consumption due to its inherently innovative architecture.
- Scalable support: A family of products supporting a variety of 5G applications including Massive MIMO BTS, Private Networks, Enterprise, IoT, and Small Cells.
- Convergence of Sub-6 and mmWave: Ultimate hardware design flexibility and novel architecture resulting in a single pluggable chip that converges below 6 GHz and 6 GHz, including CBRS-LTE (Citizens Broadband Radio Service) band with mmWave IF transceiver solution.
“Cellular base stations are changing generations for the new 5G radio spectrum, and the technology ecosystem is introducing new requirements such as programmability, open interface standards and lower power consumption,” said Ben Sheen, research director for network and communications infrastructure technology group at IDC. “The dense deployment of mmWave in harmony with sub-6 GHz base stations with long range will meet the hardware requirements for true 5G performance conditions. Innovations in the new transceiver solution for 5G infrastructure radios can help meet these markets and industry needs. “
SiTune Corporation is working with various industry leading 5G solution providers to develop cutting edge products for this new sector.
About the SiTune Corporation
SiTune Corporation is a multi-generation innovator of state-of-the-art RF and mixed signal systems on one chip for 5G wireless transceivers and broadcast receivers. SiTune currently ships products including tuners for advanced multichannel televisions, set-top boxes, spectrum monitoring for cable headends, and tuners for mobile televisions. SiTune products differ in their unique architecture and design, resulting in products with lower power consumption and superior performance. SiTune is headquartered in San Jose, California. You can find more information at www.situne-ic.com.