SiTune introduces the world’s first 5G infrastructure transceiver options
These low-cost products, IceWings and SnowWings, are the world’s first multi-standard ultra-broadband RF transceiver solutions specifically designed for the virtualization of the cellular ecosystem and the disaggregation of hardware and software in 5G networks. The quad-channel solutions from IceWings and SnowWings are based on analog and digital HF technology for a variety of applications in public and private networks.
These products are based on a unique, patented, high-speed, ultra-broadband RF / mixed-mode technology used in several generations of SiTune products currently in use.
“Our close collaboration with Tier 1 network equipment vendors and cellular operators will enable a solution that is optimized for performance and hardware flexibility cost,” said Dr. Marzieh Veyseh, CTO of SiTune Corporation. “SiTune’s technology and market positioning provide the perfect opportunity for the company to change the paradigm and enable true large-scale deployment of 5G infrastructure through its extensive family of transceiver solutions.” “The 5G disruption will cause a tectonic shift to restore the entire RAN ecosystem. The unique challenge is to cope with the tsunami of new end customers who need more spectral channels, more bandwidth processing, but a much lower performance profile, and enormous opportunity for innovation in high frequency circuits.” says Adil Kidwai, Vice president of product management at EdgeQ. “As a recognized leader in the 5G programmable RAN space, EdgeQ welcomes innovative approaches that are profoundly disrupting the 5G infrastructure market. SiTune’s scalable RFIC solution is an example of the invention that will be useful for the next generation of enterprise and corporate customers Telecommunication base stations is required. “
Here are the most important highlights of the IceWings and SnowWings solutions from SiTune:
- Lower power consumption: Thanks to extensive innovations in architectural design, sophisticated design of analog circuits, a high level of digital integration and novelty in the processing and calibration of backend signals, these products not only consume less independent power, but also accelerate the use of 5G by Offer new technologies Perfect for reducing the total power consumption of the radio unit (RU) or distributed radio unit (dRU)
- Multi-standard interface: Support for a variety of wireless standards with a flexible, scalable interface design.
- High Performance Solutions: Compliance with 5G NR specifications and superior performance in terms of signal quality, noise, linearity and power consumption due to their inherently innovative architecture.
- Scalable Support: A family of products that support a variety of 5G applications including Massive MIMO BTS, Private Networks, Enterprise, IoT, and Small Cells.
- Sub-6 and mmWave convergence: Ultimate flexibility in hardware design and novel architecture resulting in a single pluggable chip that supports sub-6 GHz and 6 GHz including CBRS-LTE (Citizens Broadband Radio Service) band mmWave IF transceiver solution converges.
“Cellular base stations are going through a generation change for the new 5G radio spectrum, and the technology ecosystem has new requirements such as programmability, open interface standards and lower power consumption,” he said Ben Sheen, Director of Research, Network and Communication Infrastructure Group Enabling Technology at IDC. “The dense deployment of mmWave in line with long-range base stations below 6 GHz will meet the hardware requirements for true 5G performance. Innovations in the new transceiver solution for 5G infrastructure radios can help meet these markets and industry requirements.”
SiTune Corporation is working with various industry leading 5G solution providers to develop cutting edge products for this new sector.
About the SiTune Corporation
SiTune Corporation is a multi-generation innovator of state-of-the-art RF and mixed signal systems on one chip for 5G wireless transceivers and broadcast receivers. SiTune currently ships products including tuners for advanced multichannel televisions, set-top boxes, spectrum monitoring for cable headends, and tuners for mobile televisions. SiTune products differ in their unique architecture and design, resulting in products with lower power consumption and superior performance. SiTune is headquartered in San Jose, California. You can find more information at www.situne-ic.com.
SOURCE SiTune Corporation